1: Research Never Ends



No matter how much you research, it will never end.

I thought that after finals and after graduation, I'd be able to finally finish looking up where to travel to on free weekends, where to stay, planning to get from Alicante Airport to our hostel at Guardamar del Segura, and on and on. Thank goodness our professor, Alex, emailed with detailed instructions--complete with what level of the building we should be on and bus fares--for how to safely and swiftly arrive at our home for two months.

The research never ends because there will always be some kind of local nuance that you can't account for, even with the infinite knowledge that the internet has to offer. I spent a few days in April clicking around country-specific rail websites to compare the prices of rail passes, rail tickets (there's a difference!), and budget airline tickets--which was exhausting, and I'm sure I still missed some of the details. Maybe this is just me slacking off... but I'm just taking it easy because I know that I probably won't be able to plan everything.

That said, there is a vast amount of planning that can be done beforehand. And that's what I'm working on! (That, and packing all my things to move back home first.)

Here are some of the resources that I've used so far:
Seat 61 is a very comprehensive site about traveling Europe by train.
Easyjet, Wizzair, and Ryanair are budget airlines that fly between countries in Europe.
Packing Light from Travel Independent. I plan on fitting everything in one backpacking pack, so this is essential!
CouchSurfing is a community of people who are traveling and are looking for local people to host them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Studio vs. Siesta Design by Insight © 2009