16: Take the train


Naomi, Alaska, and I decided to take the train from Valencia to Barcelona because it was cheaper than taking the bus. 

Let me tell you, it is worth it, even if it's not cheaper. 

There was so much leg room that I didn't know where to put my feet. No one sat next to me, so I could spread out comfortably because I am shorter than average, but I felt bad because the train was so clean and... legit. Space is a luxury on buses... on trains, it is standard. Even for coach. 


There is even a train car with a cafeteria. Restrooms are at either end of the car. The doors open with a wave of the hand. Movies play on the screen (in Spanish, of course). It is quiet and a smooth, smooth ride. More like a glide.  


And I heard that the trains in Spain are nothing compared to the trains in Italy. I can only imagine what first class is like!

If your budget allows, opt to take the train. Your body will be very happy. This is the most comfortable trip I have made thus far in Spain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Studio vs. Siesta Design by Insight © 2009