19: Buckle down for studio!

Diagram
It's that time--final review time! If mid-review strikes fear in the average architecture student's heart, any mention of final review can cause tachycardia, cold sweats, and panic.

But don't worry! It should be different this time! I don't fear desk crits with Alex--I embrace them, because he's been receptive to my ideas and has given me helpful constructive feedback. I'm stuck clicking around in Rhino and Illustrator, but at least my computer still works (one more Mac has decided not to work anymore this week!). I don't know exactly where my project is headed, but Alex says that's a good thing. If I knew where I was going, then there's no room for adaptation, change, and spontaneity that could enrich my project.

I feel like we've been spoiled in the first half--oh, maybe even 2/3rds--of the program by all the leisurely travel to various cities in Spain. It's been really relaxed and now we are paying for it! Not that it's a bad thing--I enjoy the hard work because I know in the end something good will come out of it. It just feels terrible to be sitting in this hard studio chair for hours and hours on end, and, at the end of the day, not feel like I've made any significant progress.

I'm hoping for some last-minute burst of something to make my project really sparkle. For now, it's time to buckle down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Studio vs. Siesta Design by Insight © 2009